What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Sunday, January 15, 2012

First snow of the year!

I am so grateful that my kids enjoy simple pleasures. Maybe because they don't know anything else. Anyway, it snowed on Thursday and Friday so the kids were excited to use their sleds. On Friday they used them to haul wood to the coal shoot door so we could replenish our supply in the basement. On Saturday they got to play! Fortunately, there is a slight hill between our house and our neighbor's house and that was enough for my kids. Three of them were out there all morning. I even dressed Domonique up and she got to be pulled around on the snow. It was so fun to watch them try different things, share with each other, and play together. So here are way too many pictures of my kids sledding down a teeny tiny hill!

Ready...

Set...

GO!

Now do it again!

Two on one.

One on two.

Ready to tackle the snow!

Sled snowboarding.

The big kids showed her the trick!




They really had a great time. The funniest part to me was at the beginning, when I saw Ben shoveling the snow off the hill. You can see the grass on the hill, not because they packed down the snow but because he got rid of the powder stuff on top. It all worked out in the end so I guess it doesn't matter how to get the track ready, as long as you can sled and have a good time doing it!

2 comments:

Jessie said...

bbbbrrrrrrrrrrr!!! i am cold just reading your blog. glad your kids love the snow. :)

The Fredericks said...

Let the sled parties begin! So fun