What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Xiomara's now 6 years old!

This year her birthday fell on the fourth Wednesday of the month. That meant it was a Pack Meeting night. We decided to have our birthday party with Grandma and Grandpa Nichols on Tuesday so that we could go to the Pack Meeting. They brought the cake - a cat, as was requested. I put the candles in a row and she blew them all out in one breath.

She was surprised they all went out at once. We all were!

She was so fast at opening the presents (pulling the stuff out of the bag) that I had a hard time capturing the moment. I finally put the bag on the table and said, "Wait for it.... now" so that I could have the camera ready. I guess it doesn't matter. She certainly enjoyed opening the gifts.





True to tradition, birthday morning started with pancakes with ice cream for breakfast. I did forget the balloons, though so did everyone else.

She opened Grammy and Gaffa's card at dinner (because we forgot that, too).

We sang to her several times and she just soaked it all up. What a special girl she is and we are glad to have her in our family!

No comments: