What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Start and End of our day

As Kevin was getting ready to leave for work this morning, we all noticed a rather large opossum in our neighbor's yard. It was just kind of wandering around so I went out to watch it. I took a shovel with me just in case it decided to charge me but it paid no attention to me and just walked about the yard. I wanted to make sure it didn't get into our chicken yard and it seemed to have no intentions on doing so but rather just walked in circles until it made it's way to our back neighbor's yard. As I watched the opossum, I also noticed a family of muskrats on the front part of my neighbor's yard - looked like two adults and three smaller ones. What amazing wildlife we have right in our yards!

Occasionally we will have family prayer and put the younger girls to bed but let the older five kids stay up for another half of an hour to get ready for the next day, read, or play games. Tonight it was fun to see the girls playing with Kevin in the living room. Ben often times will go straight to bed just because he's so tired but sometimes he reads in bed, too.

No comments: