What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Latest additions to the fish tank

Like all great newbies to fish tanks, we have had our share of hic-ups. Twice the tank turned green so we had to empty it out and start over again, which stressed some of our fish out. During the green out (I was using chemicals in homes it would clear up) two fish died and I didn't find them until I was cleaning it out so they were in pretty bad shape. (The two dalmatian mollies). With the stress of new water and so many fish, the silver and orange cremecicle mollies also died. Eventually the Mickey Mouse platty also died. Our fish tank was looking rather empty. The last two to die off were my two little neons. Oh bother. So we went back to the store to get more fish.

Marissa picked two of these - but I'm not sure what they are called.
(They ended up getting missed and were not listed on the recipt,
so they were free.)

Kemiah picked a sunburst platty.

Domonique picked a plecostomus.
It was only $1.00 so I let her get it.


We got a blue female guppy to replace Tia,
who died when I tried to isolate her in a different tank,
because I thought she was pregnant.
 I guess the water change was too much for her.

Harmonie picked a zebra dano.


Ben picked out two red fin tetras (I think that's what they are called).
They dart around like the neon and lamp eye tetras, so they are fun to watch.


Both of Marissa's new fish.
You can see Nemo, Camdilyn's original fish still with us,
and Jack, Emily's original male guppy!

Kevin's algae eater, which replaced his two plecostomus.
Not new this time but not original.


No comments: