What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Monday, May 23, 2016

Joy School with friends

When I only had three kids, I got involved with Joy School. I just did it at home with my three little kids. We really enjoyed it and if you talk to my oldest three kids, they can share with you some of their memories from Joy School. (We still have Mr. Nobody come and visit us.) 

While we were on the island, I tried to get a group together and do Joy School for my two younger kids (Xiomara and Kemiah at that time). We did it at our house and we had some fun times.

I haven't been very good about doing Joy School with the kids in Michigan, so when some friends mentioned they wanted to start a group, I decided to join them. Domonique was the oldest, Camdilyn was the youngest, Harmonie had two friends her age. I didn't take pictures throughout the year but I did near the end because I wanted to save the memory.

Camdilyn, Eliza, Ruby, Domonique, Harmonie, Henry


Harmonie is the oldest of the three girls.
But not by much because they were born in March and April.

Domonique and Henry - same age and really enjoyed being together.


If my older girls were done with their school work, they could come help out.
It was always fun to have them come and really handy to let them enjoy the younger kids.


They loved snack time.
(I hated it but let them enjoy it.)


Free play time was another favorite time.






It was really a fun school year. The program has changed some since I first started out, (I have version 1.0 and now they have version 2.0) but it's basically the same. I was amazing to watch the kids grow and evolve as we went through the year. Camdilyn couldn't really talk much when we started but by the end she was doing great. Eliza wouldn't talk simply because she was so shy, but she got comfortable and by the end of the year she was fine. (Those are just two of the big examples.) They will certainly miss each other - I think.

No comments: