What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Monday, April 18, 2016

Loads of fun times on vacation

My parents have lots of toys from when I was a kid - you know, the kind that are making a come back! My kids love to be in the playroom and make a huge mess with the toys and then struggle to clean it up. Almost every day they will do this and I keep trying to tell them to not make the mess in the first place. Some day they'll figure that out.

My dad offered a paying job for the kids - pick the pebbles out of the grass edge and put them back in the rock area. He found a small pail and told them if they filled it, he would pay them $5. Ben filled one, and some of the girls did partials so they got partial pay. It was something for them to do and helped Gaffa.





We enjoyed looking at their blooming flowers. It was amazing to see the change over the week we were there. When we arrived, the trees were just starting to show green. By the time we left, it was very green. I wish I had taken a picture to show the difference but it was really neat.






Gaffa put in a rope swing when my older sister and her oldest daughter and grand-daughter were out visiting earlier in April. My kids had a great time pushing each other and swinging through the air.






Gaffa takes very good care of his lawn, and the kids enjoy getting rides on the mower. He even let Ben do some mowing all by himself!


Naomi enjoyed coming outside with us as well. 







No comments: