What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Friday, July 31, 2015

Special Treat - Thanks to the Summer Reading Program

Seven of my sweet little children participated in our Summer Reading Program through the library. They all received a free ice cream cone at McDonald's, which expired on July 31. We didn't want them to go to waste so we went, this afternoon. We walked in and the place was empty. Good. We went to the counter and handed in our coupons. They made the cones, and I ended up buying one for Camdilyn. She pushed her way to me when she saw Harmonie get the first one. Then I gave one to Domonique. (Their older buddies helped them go sit down.) Then Kemiah, Xiomara, Emily, Marissa, and Ben all got an ice cream cone. They went to sit down and poor Camdilyn, stood by me, with her hands out ready to receive and was a little unsure as to why she didn't have one yet. So cute. I took our cone to the table and she was getting really excited. She sat down and was ready for a lick. She watched the other kids and then got a taste of her own. It was pure happiness. All the kids really enjoyed them and it was fun to watch them all enjoy their special treat.












No comments: