What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Thursday, July 16, 2015

Hero Day at the library

For the Summer Reading Program, our local library puts on activities every Thursday evening. We missed most of them this year. In fact, we missed all of them except the last one. And that one we only made because I remembered just as we were heading home from the pool (which I didn't take my camera to so I don't have any pictures of that). I dropped Ben off at home and picked up the last two reading charts we needed to turn in, and then we went to the library. I didn't tell the girls so they were surprised when we drove in and there was a fire truck and police car in the parking lot. We were a bit late but heard the story and then went outside to tour the vehicles. We had a nice time and the girls seemed to really enjoy it all.








One of the firemen offered to climb the ladder for us.
I was getting queezy just watching him.

I told them not to get comfortable sitting
in the back of the police car.




They all wanted to try on the gear.
It was heavy.






As we were leaving the firetruck, Kemiah pointed at something and said, "What's that?" Wanting to answer her question I asked what she was talking about so she got closer and pointed again. I laughed out loud when I saw what she was pointing at (wish I had taken a picture). I showed the fire chief and he chuckled as well. She wanted to know what the window crank handle was for - so I told her. Oh the things kids these days don't know about - even though my big beast of a van has them, she never sits up from so she doesn't see them.

No comments: