What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Sunday, November 23, 2014

Super Saturday (Back on 11/15)

Every year our ward puts on a craft day. I get all excited when they first announce all the different things, but then I sort of fizzle. I realize I'm trying not to collect clutter and that's sort of what all those crafty things end up being. This year was no different but the girls really wanted to do a painting class. Since it was after the required sign-up date I thought we were too late, but Marissa was persistent and talked to the teacher of the class. The teacher said it was fine and they could just pay the day of the class. They were so excited. 

Kevin was going to stay home with the four youngest girls while I took the older four to the church. (Ben was going to help out in the nursery for service hours for Scouts.) Unfortunately, he had to be at the hospital to wait for a delivery, so I took all the kids. It worked out just fine and the girls really enjoyed painting.

I spent most of my time going between the girls, passing out paint for the teacher, and checking on the other kids. The girls caught on really quickly, but still struggled as they learned this new skill. It was a great experience and we hope they can keep developing this skill. I will have you know, they all paid for it with their own money.







I think they all turned out amazing and I'm so proud and inspired by my creative girls.

1 comment:

Jessie said...

i love the birch tree paintings! plus artwork doesn't need to be clutter, if you hang them up, they are out of the way. :)