What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Is that really water?

Kevin looked out our kitchen window a while back and saw a white line. "What is that?" he asked me. I wasn't sure. But the next day we both realized it was water! With all the rain we have been having the river was over flowing and it was making its way through the field. (4/14)



These were taken on Saturday (4/20). You can see that the water came even closer to us. Fortunately, once the rain stopped coming down from the sky, our basement stopped leaking and is drying out.


When Kevin talked to me about the flooding on the 14th, I just couldn't picture the water rising so much. After breakfast on the 15th, I took all the kids out in the big van to see the flooding. The river just south of us was no longer split into a north and south portion. Now it was just a huge, massive stretch of water. I couldn't believe how much water there was. We drove to the field where we cut down trees to collect fire wood and we were all surprised to see it full of water! There's just nothing you can do when the water keeps coming.

This is a place to put in your boat... which is normally done past the sign in the distance but the water is all the way in.

Field totally filled with water.

Water over the road so we had to turn around.

This is where we go to cut down trees.
Normally after crossing you go down into the field.


I am truly thankful that our electricity never shut off. I'm truly thankful that our sump pumps kept working and working. I'm so thankful that it didn't get worse.

No comments: