What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Snow Festival, Second Year for us

Back on January 28th, Tamara went with us to Frankenmuth for their annual Snow Fesitval. We went to it last year and it was freezeing! This year I made the kids wear all their winter gear and I wore some, too. It is always amazing to me to see what people can sculpt out of snow and ice. So here are some pictures for you to enjoy.

I'm not sure why but the kids really liked this thing. Each of them wanted their picture taken.




I finally walked away after taking Emily's but then realized she wasn't behind me. I turned around to see a stranger helping her get down. Her foot had gotten stuck and she couldn't get down. Her impatient mother just walked off and left her there. I wonder if she started to worry?




























It was warmer this year so we were all more comfortable. We went on Friday and the judging happens on Saturday so the sculptures weren't done yet. Maybe one year we'll wait and deal with the hords of people to go on Saturday so we can see the final products. They've got to be better than the works in progress.

2 comments:

Jessie said...

very cool. looks like everyone had a great time. :)

The Fredericks said...

what a fun time- good for MI to celebrate what they've got- i love the litte cold pic of domonique- adorable!