What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Monday, November 8, 2010

Fiber is the best!

A long time ago (back in May), Emily came home from Church a couple weeks in a row with a Fiber One bar from her Primary class. Kevin and I thought it was strange - although her teacher is an older lady. Kevin started to talk about the bar like it was the best thing in the world. After a little while Emily seemed to be smiling and the other kids appeared to be a little sad that they didn't get a Fiber One bar. As Kevin talked about how great it was Emily said, "I can break some off for you." She is so good at sharing. It is now a funny thing in our house to compare things to fiber. The kids will ask about the amount of fiber in the cereal they are eating. Nothing quite matches the Fiber One bar. I have even heard Kevin say, "Not like it's a fiber bar," to let them know it's not quite as awesome as that Fiber One bar. All in all I think it would be great if our kids kept eating fiber in their diet. Kevin will tell you how much it helps keep your colon clean and healthy. Anyway, today I bought some fiber cereal because we are trying to find something new to eat. When the kids finally noticed it in the cart they said, "Dad will love that." It was a wonderfully funny moment for me and I smiled a little more the rest of the trip.

No comments: