What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Saturday, October 29, 2016

Luckiest Decision

Today we went to the church to clean with our group. When we were all done, I told Kevin I was going to head out to Johnson's Giant Pumpkin Farm because it was such a nice day. He agreed that it was a good idea and said he would join us, so the kids and I went home for lunch and then Kevin came home and we headed off for the pumpkin patch. What we didn't realize was that they close after Halloween so today was their last Saturday! How lucky for us and it was absolutely perfect!

Here's my crew!

Checking out the goats.



Me and my Honey!



We let her walk around and she loved it!

The older girls brought their own quarters and shared with the younger girls.




Naomi is really into the climbing thing.










Harmonie figured out she could feed the birds dried soy beans. 
She went back and forth, from the soy beans to the birds and back again,
several times while we stood there chatting.
It was really fun to watch her do her own little thing.

Waiting for the pumpkin launch!
The pumpkin exploded on the first launch,
so they did another one and it was the last one of the season.

We could cook a Kemiah!








I caught Naomi...

eating dirt...

and she loved it!


Camdilyn saw the Storm Trooper first...
but then she saw the other guy.

Yes, Darth Vader and she had to have a picture with him, too.

What a great way to record their growth!
Too bad this is the first year I have done it!
Wouldn't that have been fun if I had done it the last 7 years?!









Of course, we got doughnuts and had to watch them being made.
What a wonderful place - and a couple of the kids have said,
"I'm going to work here when I get older."
We shall see.



No comments: