What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Friday, December 5, 2014

Never had that before.

With 8 children, I've had my fair share of late nights with sick kids. I have always thought I was lucky enough to have them take turns, so I usually have to deal with one on one night, and then another one on another night - because they are really good at sharing sick germs. Sunday night, Kemiah was uncomfortable with stomach cramps and pain. We put her down on the couch so the other girls could sleep without her occasional moaning. She woke me after some vomiting, so we had some cleaning up to do. I was happy when she felt better Monday night and no one else seemed to be feeling bad. That was short lived.... Marissa woke up Thursday morning asking if she could sleep in because she had had stomach pains throughout the night. Fortunately, that passed and she was fine the rest of the day. Right about dinner time, Ben said he was having stomach pains and didn't feel good. He didn't eat dinner but still lost his lunch. Another one taken down. So I figured we were in for a good week of taking turns with this bug. I was wrong. Domonique didn't eat dinner because of her stomach, and then Harmonie stopped eating dinner because of her tummy. Really? Three at one time! After dinner I decided to watch a movie with the kids, keep them calm and help them settle down. Ben was still taking time out to visit the bathroom, and I was with Harmonie in the bathroom when she lost her stomach contents - fortunately, I had a bowl because she was sitting on the toilet. Domonique waited until she was sleeping in her bed to empty her stomach, so she got a shower in the middle of the night as well as dealing with diarrhea. Emily and Xiomara also took turns in the bathroom throughout the night. I have never had 5 sick kids in one night and I'm not sure I liked it. Then again, at least it was all done in one night and I don't have to worry about getting up with someone else tonight or the next night. I am really glad it was a quick bug and they are all feeling much better today.

No comments: