What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Monday, December 15, 2014

Nativity

Every year I try to acquire a new nativity scene. this year I made it. I made salt dough clay for the kids and ended up using some. The kids all painted their stuff but I was having a hard time thinking about painting mine. Not that I don't enjoy painting, it is fun, but I couldn't get a good feeling for this project. Then it came to me. Leave it the way it is. I found a piece of bark down in the basement and glued the pieces in place. I really like it.

And since I'm sharing salt dough creations, I might as well show you what the kids came up with.
Ben made this one for his Sunday School teaching.

Marissa made this one, but she hasn't told us who it is for yet.

Emily made her nativity for her Sunday School teacher, too.

Here are some of Marissa's other creations.
A howling wolf for Grandpa Nichols.

A penguin for Grandma Nichols.

A snowman for her Sunday School teacher.

Here are some of Ben's other creations.
A howling wolf for Grandpa Nichols.

A sliding penguin for Grandma Nichols.

All the other girls made some too, I just haven't taken pictures of them. They were mostly cut outs - bells, trees, candy canes, holly leaves, angels, and gingerbread men - and then painted.

It is so fun to watch them create and this dough was awesome. You did have to make sure to seal the seams or they pulled apart in the drying process. Some heads came off, or other parts, but we glued them back on. To create is so fun!

1 comment:

Josh and Kelly said...

Those nativities turned out really cute!!