What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Michigan Historical Museum and Capitol Building

We went to Lansing for a field trip with the school. Tamara and Felix came along with us to help out and just enjoy another trip. The drive went fine. We arrived at the right place on time! Kemiah was very excited to see her teacher. The older kids decided to wait for the older group so I went with the younger kids on the first tour. Tamara opted for the older kids. Fortunately, Kemiah's teacher went with us and she was okay with my four mobile children hanging out with her. I had main responsibility for the stroller, backpack, and Camdilyn (who handled the trip very well, even though she didn't get to eat the entire time because I didn't have the opportunity to sit and feed her). We went through the museum rather quickly and so I didn't "learn" a whole lot. I was more concerned about keeping track of four kids and the group so I couldn't stop a read very many exhibits.






Can I just tell you that I really don't like the
"no flash photography"
that most museums have.
It makes it really hard to get good pictures
because their lighting is not sufficient.






We then walked over to the Capitol building. It was sunny, but not too bad. The detail in the building was amazing - painted walls and ceilings, lights, pictures, door knobs and hinges, etc. We got to see the house meeting and the senators. I'm not really sure the kids got anything out of it but it was neat.




Looking up from the first floor.




Looking down from the third floor.
The floor is made of 1 inch thick glass pieces in a metal frame.
It was really neat looking.

House Reps.

Glass tiles with each states seal.

Rep from where the school is located.




Door hinges with state seal.

Details on the door knobs as well.

Senate.

This is the underneath side of the glass floor.
We started our tour here and ended here.
Oddly enough, at the start we didn't notice the feet walking above us.
We noticed them now because we knew it was glass,
and we knew to look up.


Walking over the streets and enjoying the outside.

Finding joy in the little pleasures.

Domonique and Harmonie decided it was better to just run up and down the hill.

Eating and waiting for the big guys to finish.

It was a nice trip and I was glad Tamara went with us to help me with the kids. We left later than I thought because we ate and played and climbed trees and fed Camdilyn. When we got home, it was time to head to Church for activities. Poor kids didn't get much of a dinner. We had a nice day!

No comments: