What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Children's Zoo

We only go to our zoo when it's free. Imagine my delight when I found out they were having free admission from 3-7 today. Well, I found out before today so I could plan on going. We had an early dinner and I worried about the chilly temperature. We packed into the car and headed out and then it started to rain. I was certainly NOT going to walk around the zoo with little ones if it was raining. The kids all said silent prayers to Heavenly Father to stop the rain and it worked. It was chilly but we had jackets so we survived.
 

It was a cute shot until the two little ones fell.
No ground hogs were out.



I worried about keeping her warm enough.
She stayed toasty even

Little horses - don't fee them your fingers.

The kids tried to milk the cow.
It was harder than they thought it would be.

The little girls liked the goat.

They all enjoyed drawing with chalk.


Harmonie got very close to her work.
It was so cute.

Sid the sloth, a.k.a Fire King

Fire - it was cold so the kids were trying to warm up.



Hola hoop time!


The flowers helped make you think it was spring.

My kids checking out the emu.

This is the closest we have ever seen the penguins.
They almost went swimming.
But then turned around and walked away.

Wild life close up!


Time to go, and Domonique is driving.


Watching the female peacocks.
It was a fun trip to the zoo. Not really very exciting because lots of things were not out due to the cold temperatures. I guess the kids just like getting out and doing things. I like that it was free.

No comments: