What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Friday, March 8, 2013

Made me Laugh

Domonique was washing her hands in the bathroom after lunch. I was tending to Harmonie, so she was kind of doing her own thing, unfortunately. When I got to her she was drying her hands with toilet paper. I helped her find the hand towel and then she said, "I peed in my underwear." Bummer. I put her on the toilet and got Harmonie out of her high chair, but had to take her to the tub to brush off the extra crumbs and food she had on her bottom. I came into the bathroom to find a pile of toilet paper on the floor, thanks to Domonique. I told her that was bad and that she shouldn't play with the toilet paper, then I took Harmonie to bed. I came back and took care of Domonique. I got her off the toilet and as we put new underwear on she sweetly looked up at me and said, "Can I have two M&M's?" I told her she peed in her pants so she couldn't have any. She then asked, in a very sweet voice, "Can I have one M&M?" I told her no again, reminding her that she peed in her pants. Her last attempt was, "Can I have one candy for pooping on the toilet?" What a sly little thing! It was so funny how she tried to bargain and get something out of this deal to her advantage. I picked her up, gave her hugs as I laughed and enjoyed her. Then I gave her one M&M. I am no longer timing potty time so I just have take her to the toilet throughout the day. She isn't telling me anymore, when she has to go so that's the only problem. If she has to go and I'm not paying attention then she'll just pee in her underwear. It only happens once a day, if that, so we are doing pretty good and she is just a sweet little thing.

No comments: