What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Monday, December 24, 2012

Presents on Christmas Eve

Here's the library with the tree and gifts.
I left the wrapping to the night before so I was up late.
Kevin was there, but he was playing more of a teasing roll than a helping roll.


We closed the door to the library so they couldn't see in the room.
Here they are in the dining room, waiting for us to open the door.

Here they come - can you see the look on Emily's face?

Everyone saw her new bike! She was very excited!
We also got her a water bottle (which she asked for) that attaches to the bike.

Domonique opening the first wrapped present.




The rest of these are just random opening shots. 
I'm not going to include them all.


Xiomara also asked for a water bottle.
It was tough to wrap and she still wasn't sure what it was.


Marissa actually asked for a Spanish/English dictionary.
She looks pretty happy when she sees it.


Ben asked for a hat with flaps and a strap.
It's a bit big but it works. 

Harmonie working on her first wrapped gift.
(The colorful cube in the background is hers but I didn't wrap it.)



Yes, she asked for these as well. We also got a basketball hoop.
Something fun to do with the neighbors outside.



Here's the art set she asked for.



He asked for a remote controlled airplane.
He got an F-22! Awesome!

We opened presents on Christmas Eve because Kevin will be working Christmas Day. We spent the rest of the day laying around, playing, reading, drawing, and all that good stuff. I made a simple dinner - cornish hens for all of us, sweet potatoes, stuffing and fruit salad. It was all yummy! I was so glad to have our little family together, happy, and healthy. What wonderful blessings!
Oh, Kevin got me a blu-ray player! Now we can watch all the blu-ray HD movies that we have recorded and burned. The next thing to get - an HD projector and screen so they will actually look so nice! He also got me a new game: Settlers of America. We'll have to play it soon!

1 comment:

Jeni said...

I love the pj's and hats!!! so cute! :)