What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Saturday, September 8, 2018

Dining room project

Kevin is working on redoing one of the exam rooms at the office. The flooring that he used was nice and easy so he just decided that today (9/1) was the day to redo our dining room floor. So here are a few before pictures... The sub floor was causing the sticky tiles to get worn and pop and crack.



We pulled it all up and took it outside. We cleaned and cleaned and cleaned the floor. It is uneven and some of the boards are very warped. We should have put a new sub-floor on first, but that would have taken more time and money and we were just ready to put the new floor down, so that's what we did.



And it looks amazing! It truly changes the look of the room but I think we will have issues with the floor because we didn't put the sub-floor on. Oh well.



I decided I wanted the walls yellow so that's what I did. Kevin was gone so I just stayed up late to do two coats of yellow paint. Unfortunately, it probably needs a third coat and I need to paint the trim and ceiling - but the walls took all my time so I couldn't get to those yet. The doors also need to be painted, so we'll see how long it takes me to get around to those.



Marissa cleaned the light fixture pieces because they were so dirty. They sure look nice when they are cleaned up.


I eventually let the older girls help. They were thrilled and excited to be part of the project.








The mostly finished project! (9/8) New wall paint and floor and I love my dining room. How fun to have a little change in our lives and we just love it!



(May 18, 2019 Note: We did this project all backwards. We needed to sand all the trim woodwork down before doing the floor. We needed to paint the ceiling, trim, walls and so forth before we did the floor. It is really hard to want to finish this project so it still isn't done.)

No comments: