What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Saturday, March 5, 2016

Really? 14? Wow!

My boy is growing up so fast! He enjoyed helping make pancakes for breakfast but had a hard time with me taking a picture of him.



Opening cards is so much fun!


Party time!
We always have so much fun celebrating!

Ben helped make the pies instead of cake.



He started with Grandma and Grandpa Nichols' present.


A real dart board!
We will all have fun with that.
Hand - eye coordination goin' on.

Moving on to the big present from our family.
Took some time to read the comics.

And, for some odd reason, that's all I have. Not sure what happened to the other pictures. He did open the large box and found a new backpack for camping. It fits him well and is adjustable so hopefully it will fit him forever. All the other presents were wrapped and stuck in different pockets in the backpack. He received canvases, a water bladder for the pack, hiking boots, a couple books, and a few other things that I can't remember without the pictures (I'm writing this in July). I think he had a great birthday and I hope he enjoyed it as well.

We did do another fun thing on his birthday... we went to the YMCA to learn about snakes. We could touch some and just look at others. It was really fun and the kids really enjoyed it. What a great family outing. The people sitting behind us complimented us on our wonderful children. They are really great!














They had a floor mat to lay on and see which snake you would match up with. Sort of eerie if you ask me. I don't want to meet up with a snake as long as I am tall.







What a great family day! We love you, Benjamin!

No comments: