What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Saturday, February 6, 2016

Kitchen Science

Eggs in vinegar.
The outer layer of shell is dissolved.
Really neat to watch over three days.

Everyone thought they felt weird,
soft and squishy.
We could see the yolk moving around inside the egg.

Added food coloring to see if it would stain just the outside,
or color in inside as well.

It did go through the membrane and colored the inside stuff red. We tried to put it in a salt water solution to see if it would draw water out but it didn't work like I thought it would. I think I needed to cover the egg with a very high salt concentration and I wasn't willing to do that. It was fun to check it every day and I know Kemiah enjoyed it so it was totally worth it.

No comments: