What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

It's just not the same.

I'm not sure why, but the kids have been finding wild bird eggs. They are not in nests, and they are not broken. Some are like this one, and others have been blue robin eggs. I'm not sure if the mother is laying them in strange places, kicking them out of the nest (which would probably cause it to crack), or if a predator is taking them from the nest but loosing them before it can eat them. Every time they find one, the kids ask if we can hatch it - like our chicken eggs. Unfortunately, it's not the same. Chicks pop out ready to eat on their own and are able to take care of themselves. Birds are not - you have to feed them and are much more needy. I'm not even sure the eggs are viable but we have not tried to hatch them.

No comments: