What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Not Quite Halloween

It's funny to me how long we can make a one-day holiday last. If I wasn't such a hum-bug then maybe I'd really enjoy it. Anyway, our Ward had our Trunk-of Treat and chili dinner on Oct 27th. I am a simpleton when it comes to costumes and so the kids were sort of on their own. Although I did have some great ideas... Here's how they ended up: Ben and Marissa were cowboys (although she determinedly stated that she was NOT a cowboy but a cowgirl); Emily and Xiomara were missionary companions; Kemiah and Domonique were pepper and salt (the kind you find on the table at meal time). I did not decorate the Beast's trunk but we did hand out candy. Kevin signed us up for chili and pie, but we were focused on other tasks throughout the day so we brought store made chili and pies - better than nothing. It was an enjoyable evening and the kids even won a prize for their paired costumes!







No comments: