What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Sunday, November 4, 2012

His name is Jack, of course

Carving time! I had the kids pick their pumpkins off the porch in the morning of Oct 29th. We brought them into the house so they could be cleaned and warmed up for the evenings activity! The kids drew their faces on paper and Dad drew them on the pumpkins (I think he did). As we started I decided we needed more adult help so I asked our neighbors, Tracy and James, to help us. I'm not sure why I didn't think about it earlier but it was a last minute invitation and they accepted. They came over and ended up carving jack-o-lanterns of their own, as well as helping the kids. I helped Domonique but also took the pictures so I wasn't really much help. (I was also tending to the pie that was taking forever to bake, because I didn't want it to burn.) Everyone had fun and you can see a couple of them even got a bit naked to clean out their pumpkins. I think we all had a really fun time!











Finished products!


Emily, Xiomara, James


Tracy, Kemiah, Marissa


Domonique, Ben



What a lovely porch with such wonderful faces to greet you! Come on by and see for yourself!

No comments: