What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Smith's Alpaca Farm

We were able to celebrate the Alpaca this weekend. Several farms in Michigan (in the "Thumb") gather together and open up for the public to come and learn. It was fun to drive together as a family, in the Beast, and see all the fall colors! The kids were excited to get out and walk around the farm. They also served lunch so that was a bonus! We saw lots of different colored Alpaca, a horse, goats, dogs, fish in the pool, ducks, chickens and peacocks. It was lots of fun and I'm glad we took the time to visit this little farm up north.

Domonique figured out there were fish in the water! She was very excited.



These are Suri Alpaca from a different farm. Their owner is the one spinning the fleece and gave the kids each a piece of the fleece. It is so soft.



These goats probably had a belly ache after we left because my kids kept feeding them grass.



Harmonie is getting really good at standing and I loved that the Alpaca was interested in her. She got so excited and followed it down the fence a few steps.

They were all grazing and I thought it looked funny.


Had to include a picture of the Beast. Now you know why they called it Harvest Gold.

Love the fall colors!


I took lots more pictures but I think that'll do.
We had a fun time just hanging out together.

No comments: