What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Introducing...

THE BEAST...



Kevin got the bug and started looking for our new family vehicle. He found one in town but it wasn't what we really wanted/needed and it wasn't in very good condition, so we passed but he kept looking. He found a couple that he really wanted/needed. At least they fit the criteria: 15 passenger, diesel engine, good condition. We looked and he picked this one, older but fewer miles. (Actually, the other one wasn't there so I'm not sure why it was still posted on the dealers website.) Anyway, it really is in great condition with low miles, and for a diesel that means we have lots more use left. The kids enjoy having a ton more room. I am happy that it handles better than I thought it would for its size. I am sad that I don't have power windows, locks, cruise control and CD player, but really those are just "nice to have" items and we will be just fine in the new bus. Wave if you see us in The Beast, a.k.a. Harvey. You'll know when we are around because you can hear us coming, especially if I'm backing up because it beeps.

3 comments:

erin said...

I love that you guys named it. Harvey seems fitting! My friend has a similar red one named Ron Burgandy. They could be friends! congrats on the new ride :)

Nick and Jesse Coleman said...

15 passengers!? Whoa, mama! :)

Nicole S said...

The fact that it can fit 15 makes me nervous about your future plans!! Glad everyone has their own seat now! ;)