What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Early Christmas.

Since we are celebrating Christmas in Massachusetts this year, Grandma and Grandpa Nichols came over today to give the kids gifts before we left. It started with some book reading and gabbing. Then we opened presents, starting at the youngest and making our way to the oldest.



I opened the family package - it had puzzles, coloring books, reading books and crayons. All things my kids love to do!

Domonique wasn't sure what to do with the wrapping. It's always fun to watch the youngest figure out how to open the presents.

She loved the dog that makes lots of noise when you push certain spots. It was really cute to watch her. I missed the wide open mouth she gave when she saw the dog.


Kemiah received a game - Connect 4 Launchers. There are two levels held up with four posts (one in each corner). You have to try and launch your red or yellow discs and get them in a row.


Xiomara got the game Tetris. You play it the same way as the computer game but you can't slide the pieces into place when they get lower so it's a little more challenging.


Emily received a new kind of Simon game. It's four cubes that you line up and they talk to each other. You can play four different games and it's really fun. I really like the original Simon game so I may be playing this one a lot!


Marissa received the new electronic Monopoly game. There is no paper money. Instead, you have credit cards and a little computer unit that keeps track of how much money you have.


Ben received a remote controlled Hummer. He was very excited and will love driving it around the house!

They surprised us with gifts for Kevin and me. Kevin opened his first -mainly because I already had the camera in my hands.

He was very excited about the brown box! The kids talked him into opening the brown box to see what was inside.

He received a Nichols blanket - tied double fleece. All the kids got one last year!

Now it was my turn. I also received a brown box.

I also received my very own Nichols blanket! What wonderful gifts!

The kids and I made some apple sauce/cinnamon ornaments and they each gave one to the Nichols. The kids painted them on their own - with supervision from me, of course. They turned out really cute but I don't think I took a close up so I'll have to add that later!


It was a wonderful evening. We appreciate the love that we share with Grandma and Grandpa Nichols. They are so sweet to all of us. The games are all great. The coloring books are perfect. It really was a fun evening! What I thought was really great was the fact that the Nichols gave the kids gifts we wouldn't have given so it was extra special.

1 comment:

Job and Rachael said...

Two Christmases, how fun! :) What part of Mass will you guys be in for Christmas? Still no snow here!