What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Monday, April 25, 2011

A few things I don't love

I am sure my kids are missing out on some things in life. Fortunately, these things aren't really all that important so the kids aren't really missing anything. Back in December, I realized that I can't stand glitter. You know, the stuff in little containers that makes the kid's crafts all sparkly?! Yeah, I can't stand it. We did a craft at story time with the stuff and I had a really hard time bringing myself to touch it. Weird. I also have a hard time with tinsel (the stringy stuff that you drape over the Christmas tree). I have a package of the stuff and I don't know why but it doesn't get used. I have recently realized that I have a hard time with the fake grass that they put in the baskets this time of year. Wow. I'm a crazy one but I just don't like having that stuff all over and it inevitably gets all over. Just a strand here and a strand there but ends up everywhere. With a crawling baby it's havoc. I wish I didn't like piles of stuff everywhere because then maybe I'd find a place for all the piles I have and my house would be organized. Oh well.

No comments: