What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Back in the saddle again.

Well, at least the drivers seat. I drove the van for the first time last night. It was oddly familiar and yet I had a really hard time getting up to the speed limit. 35 miles an hour is really fast when you are used to walking. I made it to our destinations without any issues but let Kevin drive home. I'll drive to Church tomorrow and maybe even to Chris and Darcie's house Sunday afternoon. Then I'll be doing lots of driving as we make our way to Saginaw. Just one more thing I have had to get used to.

Some other things that we didn't think about but remembered once we got back:
  • Dry winter weather leads to static electricity. I haven't had to deal with staticy clothes and hair and I forgot how annoying it is.
  • Toilet seats are really cold when the temperature is cold. I still make noise each time I sit down. What a jolt.
  • I like staying in bed, not because I'm tired, but because it's warm and cozy compared to the cooler air outside the covers.
  • Chapstick is not just a nice thing, it's a necessity. As well as lotion and cream on cheeks.
  • Socks are now part of our daily wardrobe. Kemiah would rather not have them on but her little feet get so cold if she doesn't wear them. I love my slippers, even though they are a little too big.

So, there you have it. We are starting to adjust.