What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Friday, April 28, 2017

Boys love diggin' holes.

Ben has been working on this hole for a while. He actually had it pretty deep but then his dad had him fill it in - until I stopped him. After winter, he decided to dig it out again and this time he went far enough that water has collected at the bottom. We call it a well and we make sure it is covered so no one accidentally falls into it. He has caught a few mice and a mole and a frog. Mostly he just likes to dig... He has grand plans (ideas) of building an underground bunker and I wish I could help him make it happen. Some times I think it's just a way to get out some pent up energy and often he takes out his frustrations from school by digging. It is quite a hole. He has rigged up a bucket system so that he can actually get some water out for our gardens so that is helpful. 

I will freely admit that it is not only Ben who enjoys digging holes. Our yard is pocked with holes because the girls enjoy digging as well as getting muddy and dirty and filthy. (If you ask Camdilyn she sometimes gets fifthy.) Mostly recently the holes are in the chicken yard so that is okay.

No comments: