What have I done for someone today?
Have I done any good in the world today?
You will never regret a kind deed done to someone in need.

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Snow in JUNE?




The cottonwood trees are letting their seeds fly where they may... a lot of them got caught in our grass. It was fun to watch them fly through the air because it really looked like it was snowing. You don't really want to catch these on your tongue, though. It is really amazing to see these trees (first the maple trees and now the cottonwoods) send their seeds off in hope that they will grow. I also noticed our pine trees have a ton of cotton stuck on the needles, and it sort of looks like cob webs - yuck.

I looked back to see if I posted the maple seeds and found that I didn't, so here they are. Back on May 29, I took these pictures to show how many maple seeds were in my yard. They fell from my neighbors tree, so its not like they floated from far away. It still amazes me to see how many seeds covered the ground. I am excited to see all the new maple trees growing in the garden and in the old chicken yard behind the garage. I don't know how many will survive or how many we will allow to grow up but the idea of a forest of maples is really appealing.


We love to gather a handful and toss them up into the air to watch them twist and fall back down to the earth. I did that with Harmonie one day and she kept gathering them back up, and bringing them to me so I could do it again. What a fun memory!

No comments: